• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vehicle repo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

justnotsure

What is the name of your state? WV

First I want to thank everyone who helped with my last post, I got quite a bit done with that and everything is working out well.

Now I have another question I am hoping someone can help with.

There is a vehicle which was purchased, and then a chapter 7 was filed and everything was completed, he chose to keep the vehicle but did not reaffirm on this vehicle, he made regular payments but they would no longer send any monthly statements or would not talk to a car lot about payoff when he was going to trade to try and rebuild his credit and was not showing on his credit report that he was even paying on the vehicle it showed that he filed on it and was just as if it was gone.

So he purchased a new vehicle and was told that all he had to do was take the old vehicle to the car lot where he bought it and to take a witness and a copy of payment slip with an account number on it and give it to them and tell them it was theirs and there was nothing they could do(the people that it was financed through) that is.

Is there anything that might be missing in this that we do not know about that you all may? You advice is appreciated.

Note: He is my husband

bigun

That is why lawyers tell people not to reaffirm autos. He can now walk away. Just drop it off at the dealer. It's now there baby.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">