• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle struck skate board ramp in road.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DBHMEH

What is the name of your state?Missouri
Hi,
My son was out playing with his skate board. He has a ramp thats about 8" tall by 4' long that was in the street. One of our neighbors was coming driving down the street and struck the ramp. It seems to me that this object would be clearly visible. My son was waving his arms and yelling stop. Apparently she sustained some exhaust damage and told us we were 100% responsible for the damage. I don't mind trying to work this out say 50/50. My question is am I liable for the damages incurred as a result of the accident?
Thank goodness it was not a child.
My points are she should have control of her vehicle.
It was clearly visible.
It wasn't thrown in front of her it was there.
I didn't see the damage as I was at work.
I don't know where she took it for repair or even if the accident actually caused the damage.

She has taken it to be repaired. I don't know the results yet.
What do you suggest if she comes to the door and expects full reimbursement?
Thanks alot,
David

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

DBHMEH said:
What is the name of your state?Missouri
Hi,
My son was out playing with his skate board. He has a ramp thats about 8" tall by 4' long that was in the street. One of our neighbors was coming driving down the street and struck the ramp. It seems to me that this object would be clearly visible. My son was waving his arms and yelling stop. Apparently she sustained some exhaust damage and told us we were 100% responsible for the damage. I don't mind trying to work this out say 50/50. My question is am I liable for the damages incurred as a result of the accident?
Thank goodness it was not a child.
My points are she should have control of her vehicle.
It was clearly visible.
It wasn't thrown in front of her it was there.
I didn't see the damage as I was at work.
I don't know where she took it for repair or even if the accident actually caused the damage.

She has taken it to be repaired. I don't know the results yet.
What do you suggest if she comes to the door and expects full reimbursement?
Thanks alot,
David

My response:

Tell her to go back to her trailer and practice opening her eyes in front of a mirror.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">