• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle Warranty Dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

convoy71

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I purchased a 97 Plymouth Voyager 2/04/05, has 77k was inspected by family member who is a life long mechanic. Van was working beautiful, quiet for 10 days. Then Tuesday morning 2/15/05 I went to take it out to scheduled oil change, but van was stuck in reverse and when I pressed on gas heard loud rattling sound from engine. It was able to drive forward.

I turned off engine, called warranty company if I could take to family member's garage. They said as long as its a licenced service center, which it is. He inspected engine, heard sound, he concluded transmission was blown. I then contacted dealership, whom said any problems contact him. Their was a communications delay between dealership, warranty company and service center between tuesday-thursday. The auto dealer cleared that problem.

Then warranty company requested from me, detailed statement of when and what happened due to a transmission problem only 10 days after purchase. I had this immediately faxed. On Friday, after work around 3pm I learned the warranty company told the service center they would pay for the transmission part(s) but not for labor to remove and put new one in. They claimed this was a "pre exisiting condition". The auto dealer said he has paperwork that the transmission was service shortly before I purchased van.

After work Friday afternoon I went to auto dealer to tell him situation. He contacted service center and told them "just get done what has to be done". He would deal with warranty situation. The tranmission repair is scheduled for monday morning.

Now can a warranty company make that claim "a pre exisiting condition" and refuse to pay for labor?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">