• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vehicular assault?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joanjett

My fiance was involved in a serious accident involving himself and two other vehicles.He was driving down the freeway, came around a bin and crashed into a spun out vehicle that was blocking over half of the lane he was in.The 1st car had spun out moments before he came around the corner.A 2nd car had stoped to see if the 1st vehicle was alright.The 2nddriver was standing by the 1st vehicle outside of his car when my fiance crashed into the 1st vehicle-sending it into the 2nd driver.My fiance was hospitalized with many injuries and required reconstructive surgery.The 2nd driver had a broken leg and foot. The 1st driver(the one who spun out in the first place)was not injured.In the emergency room the police took the blood alcohol level of my fiance, which registered as a .15-legaly intoxicated.
The prosecutors want to charge him with vehicular assault.He has an absolutely clean record and has never been in trouble before.Does he have any hope or is he doomed to being locked up? It does not seem fair because none of this would of happend if the 1st person did not spin out.Lawyer fees are going to run $10,000 and we cannot afford it. Are public defenders anygood? Has anyone had a similair experience.Any advice?

------------------

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">