• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Altanana

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am in Florida. I need to file a small claim against a woman who agreed to do business with me. She never signed the contract or had one made as she said she was. She agreed to have me put a shed on her rented property and work in her business with my additional business plan to add space rentals for "vendors" which I would run completely and she would collect all the money from...in exchange I was to have free space rent for my shed, sales area and parking and use of electric for fans, lights and small appliances, no a/c, refrig. I was to get a gate lock key for full access to the shed from 6am to 11pm 7 days a week for my set up and to run the space rental and week end sales on Fri, Sat and Sun.

She then said as I had told her that we wouldn't start the space rentals until Sept. when it wasn't so hot and more people would sell and buy. It would also take me time to find and get agreements with "vendors" and to get my own space set up and ready for sales.

I spent most of my money getting a shed and setting it up with her and her boyfriend directing the movers as to where to put it, so she was aware and agreeable. I had the shed repaired by outside labor which she was aware of and allowed access for on many occasions.

I was never given a key until she "sold" the business and said I was to move my shed, then she introduced me to the new owner who I knew from her working there who said I could stay and do the same agreement with her. Then the woman didn't "sell" the business and there was a lot of trouble with the new "owner" and her boyfriend. Then I had to move again because she was selling the business to someone else. I asked to wait to see if they would do the same agreement and she agreed but didn't think they would. Next she up and packed up and moved out. Told me to move again, then wanted me to do it that day. I said I couldn't do all that until I found a place to move to and got help and set up the movers for the shed.

She changed the locks to the gates and I have no access to pack and/or move except by appointment, which the first one this morning she didn't show up for.

I think I can sue her for $1,500 because of my expenses which are at least $1,000 paid out so far and my own time working to set up the site and business. I also now have to put the shed into storage and pay for another storage space to sell my inventory from at a cost of almost $100 per month for the two. I will also have to pay $175 for court fees and additional for serving papers $10 each.

I want my expenses, labor and court fees paid for by this woman. Please help me. I am a 63 yo handicapped woman on SS. She has cost me everything and given me nothing but hours of waiting and lies. She even sold some of my property that she allowed me to "store" in her closed trailer before I got the shed. She has refused to pay me for them and also a shelf she "bought" from me.

I have witness to the fact she allowed me to be there, put up the shed and advertise on Craigslist for vendors as well as contact "vendors" I knew from before. I have cell phone records of numerous calls from the beginning of this whole thing.

Thank you for any help you can give me. Alta

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">