• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

verbal contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marie-1942

Oregon
About 21/2 months ago I ordered a door from a window and door supply company, that also does installing. At the time of the order I was told it would be about 2 weeks before they got the door and then they would be over to put it in. (This was all done over the phone.) I called back in about 3 weeks and the door had not came in yet. Since that time I have not heard a word from them. I called a month ago and left a message for the secutary to cancel my order as it had been too long and winter was coming.

Now they say the door has just came in on the 22nd, and they have delayed other jobs so that they could put in the
door. I told her that I did not want the door as it had been 21/2 months since I ordered it. She said it was on back order and that she didn't have the time to call me and let me know, I could have called her.

She says I owe them the price of the door, since it was an order, or else they can send it back to the company and it would cost me $120.00. I asked why they just could'nt sell it to someone else and she said they did not stock windows and doors only floor merchandise.

Am I liable to pay for this door since I never signed a contract? And can they sue me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">