• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MissRain

So I received a call from Yellowpages and they had asked me if i wanted to start an add with them. I agreed because I thought that I would have time to decide. Read the terms and conditions etc. However, I apparently am now stuck in a 12 month contract because I said "yes" over the phone. I didn't sign anything or even see the terms and conditions till a few weeks later, and I now have a bill. I talked to the manager and she said that I'm "obligated" to fulfill my contract because I said "yes". I'm wondering if this is legal? Should I pay it? Or are they ripping me off. Any help will be greatly appreciated! They have the phone recording, but I don't even remember what I had agreed to. Can I really be bound to a contract by simply saying "yes" over the phone? Thanks. :confused:

Just Blue

So I received a call from Yellowpages and they had asked me if i wanted to start an add with them. I agreed because I thought that I would have time to decide. Read the terms and conditions etc. However, I apparently am now stuck in a 12 month contract because I said "yes" over the phone. I didn't sign anything or even see the terms and conditions till a few weeks later, and I now have a bill. I talked to the manager and she said that I'm "obligated" to fulfill my contract because I said "yes". I'm wondering if this is legal? Should I pay it? Or are they ripping me off. Any help will be greatly appreciated! They have the phone recording, but I don't even remember what I had agreed to. Can I really be bound to a contract by simply saying "yes" over the phone? Thanks. :confused:
What US State are you in and where is the Rep for Yellow Pages?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And just to clarify, Canadian law and US law are not the same. It's not that we are unwilling to help - it's that we have only one expert in Canadian law on the board and her expertise only goes so far.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">