• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

verbal sale problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gohmer54

What is the name of your state? PA

I recently bought a used 1990 yamaha warrior atv. The person i bought it from said he had the engine recently rebuilt at a garage, which is one of the main reasons i bought it. 3 weeks after buying it and hardly driving it, the engine blew. I took it to a repair shop and the guy said the engine was not rebuilt and the cost to repair it is $900. Do i have a valid case to take to small claims court for reimbursement for repairs, especially since the work he said was done never was?

gohmer54

If I knew the engine was going to blow I would not have bought it. The seller said the engine was rebuilt, so I had no reason to call the shop that "did" the work to ask them if they had infact rebuilt the engine.

BelizeBreeze

gohmer54 said:
If I knew the engine was going to blow I would not have bought it. The seller said the engine was rebuilt, so I had no reason to call the shop that "did" the work to ask them if they had infact rebuilt the engine.
In that case, I have some really nice beachfront property in Arizona for sale. :D

gohmer54 said:
Wow.....I hope you're not being serious *smh*. You said that like people don't lie.

Anywho....you're about to learn an expensive lesson. Do a search on "caveat emptor".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">