• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbial Contracts on Hand shake

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bldrman

I signed a contract to be paid $1800 a week the job was way out of town so I asked for a signing bonus of $2,000. the boss made it $3,000. I was very pleased. My first check was cut for $1,500. & sent to my home, a 2nd was cut for $500. & sent to me. Next week my check was only $1,000. after that only $1,500. When I asked why, I was told the bonus was a loan,in a rude letter. The checks state nothing about $300. being takein out for any reason. I also found several problems with the project and corrected them. He fired me after completing the hardest part of the job. His reasons were false and he paid me only $300. for a week of work. He never paid me $1,800. as the contract states or prove his reasons for firing me plus I had the job a week ahead of schedule. Is this a breach of Contract? I am in Texas by the way. Thanks!

ALawyer

Take him to small claims court. Or the state labor department.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">