• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

verif letter sent and no reponse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bneefreak

What is the name of your state? CT

Hi there. My husband has a telecheck debt on his credit report. They wanted to settle for 50% so I sent in a letter requesting verification on August 7 but I have yet to receive any response. I was just wondering what do i do now. shortly after mailing the letter CRR, I received another letter stating that they wanted to settle for 50%. Being that today is the 9th, am I in the clear? Can I now send the letter to the credit bureaus stating that they have not responded with verification and to take it off the credit report? This is a check, I think for gambling, that is in question. The debt is only a few years old, before me.

Please help me so I can get started on any letter that I may need to send. Or perhaps I need to pay them anyway since it's a check and they don't have to do verification? Then I would have to pay it and I would like to settle for 50%.

Thanks ahead of time. I appreciate everyone's help.
:confused:

bigun

First of all, you used the wrong term in your letter to telechek. You should have demanded validation not, verification. You request a CRA to verify not, a creditor.

You nee to find out what the SOL in CT is for a bad check. Bounced checks are easy to validate if they have a copy. Just send the copy. It has the date, the payee, the amount, the issuing institution, and a signature all, on 1 tiny piece of paper. A request for validation may well get your husband sued. If you can settle for 50%, I'd do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">