• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Very new to this please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tjto

What is the name of your state? CT

I may even be in the wrong forum, but i need help, or reassurance. I recently started a new job in carpet restoration. The company I work for gives me the equipment and sends me to jobs all over the state. I get 25 percent commission of the total job, then the company takes an additional 5 percent of the total price for letting me use the equipment. They have not made me sign any paperwork, I'm not exactly sure what they would have me sign, being tax forms or contract or...I just don't know and the whole thing has me a little nervous. Any information or advice would be GREATLY appreciated

BelizeBreeze

You are, from the description of your 'job', a contractor so you can expect to be paid on a 1099 without any deductions.

Just call the company and ask for their HR department. They won't bite your head off if you ask them to clarify your status.

and yes, this should have been in the Employment Law section. But I won't bite your head off either.....yet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">