• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Very small amount marijuana possession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CAworried2death

calatty said:
The NORML site is right. Nebraska statute 28-416(13)(a) says: "Any person knowingly or intentionally possessing marijuana weighing one ounce or less shall: (a) For the first offense, be guilty of an infraction, receive a citation, be fined one hundred dollars, and be assigned to attend a course as prescribed in section 29-433 if the judge determines that attending such course is in the best interest of the individual defendant." Cops don't always know the laws. I think you're right that the court date is to see if you need drug education. An infraction is less serious than a misdemeanor, and has a different legal effect in some contexts.
Okay- what about the laws in CA. for a possesion mistemeanor of less than 1oz. at the airport? What should I expect??? I've never had more than a couple of traffic tickets in my whole life!
I'm DESPERITE for advice, I'm set for court at 8:00 A.M. tomorrow!

Son of Slam

CAworried2death said:
Okay- what about the laws in CA. for a possesion mistemeanor of less than 1oz. at the airport? What should I expect??? I've never had more than a couple of traffic tickets in my whole life!
I'm DESPERITE for advice, I'm set for court at 8:00 A.M. tomorrow!
Depends on where your ticket was to or from.. You could be looking at felony attempted smuggling charges that may include special circumstances. A life sentence without possibility of parole is not unheard of in some cases.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">