• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

very upset

• Thread starter dazednconfusedfl
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dazednconfusedfl

Me and my boyfriend were arrested in september for unauthorized use of credit card...we went to court and both were granted the pre-trial intervention program and when we went to our first visit they said they had to get all the information on us and find out how much we had to pay the credit card company back ....but we have already paid them back and they told us that the police have lost all the records showing that we paid them back. They also said that the store might have kept the money and not paid the credit card company. What should I do to prove that I did pay the money back?

S

sethfive

How did you pay the money back? Was it cash,money order,personal check, or other means?
If it was cash,did you get receipts?
If it was money order,did you keep your copies?
If it was personal check, do you have your bank statements?--seth

D

dazednconfusedfl

I am sorry I should have mentioned that....I paid them back with cash and me and my boyfriend signed a statement that the store manager wrote saying that we paid the money back but they didnt give it to the arresting officer....so now we have nothing that shows that we paid the money back and i cannot afford to pay 300 dollars back again...and the manager of the store got fired a few weeks ago and noone can locate him to prove that we paid them back

S

sethfive

You should have received a copy of the statement that the manager was supposed to have forwarded to the police.Without something in writting there isn't much you can do. Maybe if you could locate the manager he could clear it up.
It seems odd that the store doesn't have a copy of the statement on file.
Sorry,but it doesn't look good for you.---Seth

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">