• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vesting requirement unfair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Barry Schwartz

What is the name of your state? California

In 1995 because of a disability I was directed by my doctor to quit my job as a heavy equipment operator for Local #3 Operating Engineers. At this time I had over 8,000 hrs. or 8 credits for a pension, and needed 10,000 hrs. or 10 credits to be vested. In 1996 the vested requirements were reduced to 5,000 hrs. or 5 credits. At that time the union dedcided not to extend the new decision to disabled people unless they could get 500 hrs. under the new rule. I still have the same disability which is controlled by medication. I went back to college and became a social worker and just began working for the state, but I feel I should be entitled to this pension. I am 65 and have a good chance for a State pension, but my question is do I have grounds for legal action to get deserved pension?

Barry Schwartz

Beth3

do I have grounds for legal action to get deserved pension? Not that I can see but you're free to consult with an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">