• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Veterinarian abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Hollie

I took my 8 month old chinese pug to the vet to be nuetered. I did not see the vet in that office that I normally see and this man was very rough with my puppy while I was present(clipped his nail past the quick,lost control of a needle almost breaking it off in him, and left open wounds in two spots while taking a sample skin scrape)When I returned the next day to pick him up his jaw was wired. The vet hummed and hawed around saying maybe this maybe that and didn't really tell me what caused his mandible to need to be wired. He extracted a baby tooth and said he noticed that his jaw shifted while doing so. I really think that he broke his jaw while pulling the tooth. On my statement it said fracture fixation. I am taking him to another vet in the morning to seek advice on this matter. If it was in fact broken I will not pay the fees incurred by this, however I do not want to ruin my credit. Do I have a leg to stand on if he refuses to take it off of my bill? I doubt that he will admit his wrong doing. I am not sure if this would fall under animal abuse or malpractice. I live in South Carolina.

ALawyer

Not an insurance issue, but I'd not pay the bill either if another vet says it was malpractice. I might even sue in smal claims court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">