• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Victim rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Can a victim sue the district attorneys office and the judge if her rights as a victim were violated

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

quincy

I understand this because I was emotional and angry. It wasn't my opinion that I was being interrupted, or my opinion that the judge told me to hurry up before I even started. I can try to post the review on here or you can Google the district attorney office in Casper Wy. Emotions are bad when it comes this stuff. I know facts are my friends and my emotions are feelings, and feelings aren't tangible. Facts and transcripts, well they can't be disputed.
I read your review, raidergirl931. You expressed in your review how you felt in court and I think from that perspective it was a fair critique.

It is hard to eliminate emotion from domestic violence cases but that is the task before the judges. They must base their decisions on the facts. It is not that they don't care.

I read your review, raidergirl931. You expressed in your review how you felt in court and I think from that perspective it was a fair critique.

It is hard to eliminate emotion from domestic violence cases but that is the task before the judges. They must base their decisions on the facts. It is not that they don't care.
Thank you for taking the time to read it. I appreciate that. I read it over again too and I did see opinion in it. I will be more careful about that and I'll go back and edit it. I only want people to know that a victim deserves the respect of the courts listening ear. They should never be told to hurry up. I really want to thank everyone for reading this and posting all of the thoughts and suggestions on the matter. I'm still confused as to why victim rights exist. That's ok because I will figure it out. The experience on here was extremely cool and I thank you for that. It did feel like some of you held back a little though. Thanks again.

quincy

Thank you for taking the time to read it. I appreciate that. I read it over again too and I did see opinion in it. I will be more careful about that and I'll go back and edit it. I only want people to know that a victim deserves the respect of the courts listening ear. They should never be told to hurry up. I really want to thank everyone for reading this and posting all of the thoughts and suggestions on the matter. I'm still confused as to why victim rights exist. That's ok because I will figure it out. The experience on here was extremely cool and I thank you for that. It did feel like some of you held back a little though. Thanks again.
Actually, your review as written was fine. Expressing your opinions as you did, based on the facts of your personal experience, is exactly how a review should be written. I would not change it.

Victims rights are what courts strive to provide. These rights include basic human rights that we all should recognize - like the right to be treated with respect. Many of these rights are non-binding declarations but there are victims rights guaranteed by law.

Here is a link to the Department of Justice's Office of Justice Programs on Crime Victims Rights, which outline some of these laws:
https://www.ovc.gov/rights/legislation.html
I wish you the best moving forward. Don't hesitate to make use of your community's domestic violence victim support resources when needed.

Last edited:
Actually, your review as written was fine. Expressing your opinions as you did, based on the facts of your personal experience, is exactly how a review should be written. I would not change it.

Victims rights are what courts strive to provide. These rights include basic human rights that we all should recognize - like the right to be treated with respect. Many of these rights are non-binding declarations but there are victims rights guaranteed by law.

Here is a link to the Department of Justice's Office of Justice Programs on Crime Victims Rights, which outline some of these laws:
https://www.ovc.gov/rights/legislation.html
I wish you the best moving forward. Don't hesitate to make use of your community's domestic violence victim support resources when needed.
Thank you for this. I won't change my review. I spent part of the night trying to make the whole review objective instead of subjective. The only time I could be objective in the whole proceeding was being told to hurry up and the time limit. That would be on the transcripts. So that just didn't work. I won't be deleting my post this time lol. Thanks to everyone for the help and advice. If any of you know someone who is or might be going through a domestic violence situation please don't give up on them. Even if they're like me and seem strong and certain. They aren't. Oh ya and thanks for making me aware of the libel thing. I learned that I need to watch my mouth or it's slander and watch my writing or it's libel. Thanks again!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">