• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Victims of threats to kill and burn our house down

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shane B.

What is the name of your state?
Georgia -
My wife and I live in our home at the bottom of the subdivision at the end of a cul-de-sac. We have three children, two of which were party to the threats, ages 8 and 16. Our approximately 60 lb mixed rescue dog, who we have had for two-and-a-half years since a puppy, got out of the house while playing with our two children at home.
A neighbor on the other end of the street, myself jist feet away from the children when they opened the door and the dog went out, dropped the laundry and attempted to grab him, but missed. Literally, in less than a minute it took me to get the harness and leash and follow the kids outside, the dog now in the opposite direction of the offender, was halfway down my 50 ft driveway approaching my home with my children on the porch, claiming our dog mauled his daughter, is threatening to kill my family and burn my house down but f***ing me up good in front of them before because he attacked his daughter.
Two City units followed by three more reported in less than 3 minutes from time of 911 call, as well as animal control units, reported no injury to property or person, but wanted to ensure the dog was secure before leaving, chased him up and down the street with tasers. Knowing him as we do, it was running away from the cordon they made with their vehicles and person, and after about 5 mins, pointed him in the direction of our house, which she immediately ran, and ended county violation for lack of control of animal.
Having someone literally in sight of our home, and in front of our two youngest children, on our property, who also made false accusations of assault by our dog toward his daughter, is continuing his harassment for repeatedly driving up and down the street call both our children as well as others in the subdivision were at play. Can I file for civil protection order, how do I pursue criminal charges and have the original CPO upgraded from civil to criminal?!!?

PayrollHRGuy

You had police all over the place shortly after this happened. Is there some reason you didn't report this crime to them at the time?

quincy

So ... your unleashed dog ran up to the neighbor, the police tried to chase the dog to get him secured and .. you want to file a complaint?

LdiJ

So ... your unleashed dog ran up to the neighbor, the police tried to chase the dog to get him secured and .. you want to file a complaint?
I read it that the OP's complaint was against the neighbor, for the false accusation that the dog mauled the neighbor's daughter and for the terroristic threat to kill the OP's family, burn the OP's house down and F...up the OP in front of his children...and for the continued harassment of his children.

quincy

I read it that the OP's complaint was against the neighbor, for the false accusation that the dog mauled the neighbor's daughter and for the terroristic threat to kill the OP's family, burn the OP's house down and F...up the OP in front of his children...and for the continued harassment of his children.
That was certainly part of the information provided. However. the originating cause of the dispute was Shane’s failure to control his dog.

LdiJ

That was certainly part of the information provided. However. the originating cause of the dispute was Shane’s failure to control his dog.
So, you believe that the neighbors original threats and the continued harassment of the OP's children is acceptable?

LdiJ

Did I say that?
No, you focused on the loose dog only, when I believe that the OP's question has to do with the neighbor's behavior and the loose dog was the backstory to explain what precipitated the neighbor's behavior.

quincy

No, you focused on the loose dog only, when I believe that the OP's question has to do with the neighbor's behavior and the loose dog was the backstory to explain what precipitated the neighbor's behavior.
The loose dog was the precipitating cause. How unreasonable the neighbor’s actions were that followed depends on the facts surrounding the dog escape and any injuries suffered as a result.

LdiJ

The loose dog was the precipitating cause. How unreasonable the neighbor’s actions were that followed depends on the facts surrounding the dog escape and any injuries suffered as a result.
This is what the OP said:

Two City units followed by three more reported in less than 3 minutes from time of 911 call, as well as animal control units, reported no injury to property or person, but wanted to ensure the dog was secure before leaving.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It seems to me that, if the police felt that the threats had actually occurred as the OP states, they would have taken action at the time.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
What is the name of your state?
Georgia -
My wife and I live in our home at the bottom of the subdivision at the end of a cul-de-sac. We have three children, two of which were party to the threats, ages 8 and 16. Our approximately 60 lb mixed rescue dog, who we have had for two-and-a-half years since a puppy, got out of the house while playing with our two children at home.
Is this the first time the dog has gotten loose?

Mixed what? I'll go on a limb and assume it's not mostly golden retriever or cocker spaniel. Is "mixed" a euphemism for pitt bull/rottweiler/doberman...?

A neighbor on the other end of the street, myself jist feet away from the children when they opened the door and the dog went out, dropped the laundry and attempted to grab him, but missed. Literally, in less than a minute it took me to get the harness and leash and follow the kids outside, the dog now in the opposite direction of the offender, was halfway down my 50 ft driveway approaching my home with my children on the porch, claiming our dog mauled his daughter, is threatening to kill my family and burn my house down but f***ing me up good in front of them before because he attacked his daughter.
If you believed someone/thing injured/threatened your child, would you go ballistic? I totally understand the neighbor's reaction, if he believed your dog did such a thing. It does not mean that he necessarily realistically was threatening you.

You say that on this occasion, his daughter was unharmed. Was she harmed by a dog in a previous incident?

Two City units followed by three more reported in less than 3 minutes from time of 911 call, as well as animal control units, reported no injury to property or person, but wanted to ensure the dog was secure before leaving, chased him up and down the street with tasers. Knowing him as we do, it was running away from the cordon they made with their vehicles and person, and after about 5 mins, pointed him in the direction of our house, which she immediately ran, and ended county violation for lack of control of animal.
Yeah, well, if you had such great control of your dog, it would have come when you called and been home already before animal control got there.

Have you considered obedience school training?

Having someone literally in sight of our home, and in front of our two youngest children, on our property, who also made false accusations of assault by our dog toward his daughter, is continuing his harassment for repeatedly driving up and down the street call both our children as well as others in the subdivision were at play. Can I file for civil protection order, how do I pursue criminal charges and have the original CPO upgraded from civil to criminal?!!?
Get over yourself.

You have a dog that you have no control over, children that don't know enough to keep him in the yard, and neighbors living in fear.

The one that needs protection is your neighbor - from you and your vicious looking dog.

This is a story trending where I am today: https://www.courant.com/breaking-news/hc-br-suffield-enfield-pitbull-attack-20191108-nsxchd3xiraspkhgf4gwwbtd4u-story.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">