• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Video deposition question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I'll try one more time: Did the information on the court site say that the attorney is asking for the video deposition of YOUR MOTHER? Or did it not say who it was that the attorney wanted to depose? If it did not say who was to be deposed then it is possible that the attorney wants to depose someone other than your mother. Often summaries given on court web sites don't have all the information on it and you'd have to read the actual motion filed with the court to see the details.
I'm not sure how much more clear I can make it? Yes, the original attorney that did my mom's first deposition is the same one asking for the video deposition. Not another attorney or law firm. Plus the request specifically asks for my mom to give another deposition. Nor is anyone else's name is mentioned in the request, just mom's.

quincy

I am not sure our guesses are helpful. Please have your mom call her attorney to ask. He is certainly in a better position to say why a second deposition is being scheduled.

Good luck.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Plus the request specifically asks for my mom to give another deposition. Nor is anyone else's name is mentioned in the request, just mom's.
Thank you — that's the part that you had not clearly stated before. Then without reading the request filed the attorney it is impossible to know why the attorney is seeking a second deposition (assuming this request was filed after the first one was done). But the reason would have to be fairly compelling. The opposing attorney cannot keep deposing your mother over and over trying to get it right.

quincy

The video deposition is not simply a continuation of the previous deposition, is it? Not all depositions are completed in a single meeting.

For information purposes only, here is a link to Missouri Rule 57, Interrogatories and Depositions (see 57.03):

https://www.courts.mo.gov/page.jsp?id=881

Your mom can object to sitting for a second deposition, by the way. The other party would have to justify their need for one. Your mom's attorney can discuss with your mom the other party's reasons for scheduling a second deposition.

The video deposition is not simply a continuation of the previous deposition, is it? Not all depositions are completed in a single meeting.

For information purposes only, here is a link to Missouri Rule 57, Interrogatories and Depositions (see 57.03):

https://www.courts.mo.gov/page.jsp?id=881

Your mom can object to sitting foTr a second deposition, by the way. The other party would have to justify their need for one. Your mom's attorney can discuss with your mom the other party's reasons for scheduling a second deposition.
Thank you for the extra information! I didn't go into the room while she was giving her deposition but when she and her attorney came out I remember him saying that the opposing attorney had covered everything. So I can't be a hundred percent sure that they didn't think of something else to ask.

I appreciate all of your ideas and insight!

quincy

Thank you for the extra information! I didn't go into the room while she was giving her deposition but when she and her attorney came out I remember him saying that the opposing attorney had covered everything. So I can't be a hundred percent sure that they didn't think of something else to ask.

I appreciate all of your ideas and insight!
You're welcome, jackiemich. We all appreciate the thanks.

Just remember that we are guessing and all of our guesses could be wrong.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">