• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Video Depositions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

texaspi

I own a investigations firm in Texas. I also have a background in video production, and would like to offer video deposition services to my clients. Does anyone know the prerequisites (i.e., licenses, certifications, etc.) to offering this service? Thanks for your help.

JETX

There are no special requirements that I know of. I know of court reporting/transcription companies that offer this service as part of their business. In fact, I have even 'operated the camera' during a deposition taken in an attorney's office (as a courtesy to the attorney).

To my knowledge, if you can operate a videocamera, you can take a video deposition. Just leave the time/date stamp on all the time. This would preclude any 'challenges' as to the authenticity of the tape.

------------------
Steve Halket
Judgment Recovery of Houston
[email protected]
-----------------------
This is my PERSONAL OPINION and is not legal advice! Consult your local attorney for your specific situation and laws!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">