• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Video Surveillance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pattijones

What is the name of your state? virginia

Is it legal in the state of va to be taped on the job without your knowledge or consent? Thanks

Beth3

I expect so. Every time you go into a public parking garage, shopping mall, airport, convenience store, gas station, etc., etc., you are almost certainly being videotaped. Video taping in public places and on private property (with the owner's consent) is legal everywhere to my knowledge.

State-by-state restrictions come into play concering audio (voice) taping without both parties consent and videotaping where there is a clear expectation of privacy - bathrooms, for example.

F

FireFighterMO

Beth3

Where could I find out the audio restrictions for SC?

F

frusteratedgf

If your asking if it is legal to video tape you stealing from the company you work for....the answer is YES!!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">