• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

violated divorce agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

STARLYT68

my ex-husband violated the terms of our divorce agreement. specifically --

"we both agree that it is in the best interest of our children that neither of us engage in any type of sexual contact or sleep in the same bed with anyone of the opposite sex, prior to a re-marriage, while the children are within the same residence."

he had the children for an overnight visitation and slept with his girlfriend.

what type of recourse do i have??

we are in will county illinois

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

STARLYT68 said:
my ex-husband violated the terms of our divorce agreement. specifically --

"we both agree that it is in the best interest of our children that neither of us engage in any type of sexual contact or sleep in the same bed with anyone of the opposite sex, prior to a re-marriage, while the children are within the same residence."

he had the children for an overnight visitation and slept with his girlfriend.

what type of recourse do i have??

we are in will county illinois
My response:

You go through the emotional and severe financial upheaval of filing a Motion for Contempt, and you depose the girlfriend, and have your children testify in open court. Unless your children were somehow psychologically harmed in this situation, and you're willing to spend anywhere from $5,000.00 to $10,000.00 for attorney's fees, expert witness fees, costs of depositions, psychologist fees, and court costs, then you might want to stop with the jeolousy and put this matter to rest.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">