• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violating Judge's Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


beat goes on

What is the name of your state? New Jersey My es husband rfuses to abide by the judge's order ( post Divorce). I have tried addressing this with him but to no availo. do I have to file a motion to ensure litigants rights or can I write to the judge and tell h8im he is in comtempt of court? Thanks for your help


Senior Member
You will need to file. A judge has to remain impartial. Therefore, your letter will probably not be read (probably bottom line), just added to the case file & possibly (in the future) be read in court, and/or a copy of it distributed to your ex/his lawyer and your lawyer. Depending on your judge, it can also get you into trouble.
File a motion to show cause/contempt. That’s your best bet.
Good Luck!

beat goes on

JUdges Order

thanks Kat I was pretty sure that woudl be the answer. I do things Pro Se now. Can no longer afford an attorney costs were over $80,000. thanks again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential