• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violation of 21951 Overtaking a Vehicle Stopped at Ped Xwalk

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alfie9999

What is the name of your state? CA
I was ticketed for passing a vehicle stopped at a ped xwalk. I was driving at 25 mph and it was the 4th of July evening. It was Carlsbad CA by the ocean. people were crowding the sidewalks to view the fireworks. I approached the xwalk and did not see any peds wanting to cross or in the sidewalk waiting to cross. All of a sudden the car to my right stopped. I continued carefully since I was already in the crosswalk. I thought the driver to my right stopped to talk to someone on the sidewalk. I was ticketed!! Is there a chance I can get out by filing trial by declarations?

CdwJava

There's always a "chance". But, whether you can wiggle out of it or not depends on the facts.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">