• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violation of dvpo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Waterwoman77

I'm in NC..I have a dvpo against my husband and we had court on Tues for his first violation, and while there he got arrested for his second. I guess after he got out he went to our bank and closed our joint business bank account, and then changed the user name and password..the statements can still be viewed even if it's a closed account. I know why he did that to frustrate me, because even though we have this order I still need to be able to access the statements. We have an LLC company with both of us as members. My question is, is this another violation?

quincy

I'm in NC..I have a dvpo against my husband and we had court on Tues for his first violation, and while there he got arrested for his second. I guess after he got out he went to our bank and closed our joint business bank account, and then changed the user name and password..the statements can still be viewed even if it's a closed account. I know why he did that to frustrate me, because even though we have this order I still need to be able to access the statements. We have an LLC company with both of us as members. My question is, is this another violation?
Whether it is a violation of the protection order depends on what is included in the protection order (how it is worded).

Waterwoman77

Whether it is a violation of the protection order depends on what is included in the protection order (how it is worded).
The defendant shall not assault,threaten,abuse,follow, harass(by phone, visiting the home or workplace, or other means) or interfere with the plaintiff

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">