• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

violation of probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I was charged with violation of probation and new charge. I have a legal aid lawyer with whom I spent very little time. I have plead guilty to new charges and the violation of probation. This is federal in New York. I'm suppose to go for sentencing soon, but the legal aid has not advised me of anything on how is he going to defend me is too late to ask for a new lawyer ?? this one that I heve is very rude and has not disscused any defending strategies. According to the probation dept they are recommending 6mos in jail. Can I avoid this.Please respond as soon as possible.




I don't think you can avoid it and doesn't sound as bad as you think. You really need to be convincing when asking for another public defender. If the attorney has not informed you of the proceedings or went over plea agreements, then you need to tell the judge that.

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential