• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

violation of probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

donna b

My ex-husband is currently on probation for threat to kill with a weapon, with criminal intent. This was in lieu of 6 and 1/2 years taken as a plea bargain. Today he was found guilty of violation of the restraining order. I want to know if this will violate his probation, and what the procedure will be. This took place in Gloucester County, New Jersey.

A

Attorney_Replogle

Generally one of the conditions of being on probation is that the defendant violate no laws. One law is to not violate a restraining order such as in this case. Whether the court will remand him to jail or let him stay on probation, I don't know. You should speak with his probation officer or the court about it.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

D

donna b

Thank you for your prompt reply. I have spoken to the victim/witness office and was told that I would be up to the probation officer to decide whether or not to violate his probation. She has been very lenient with him in the past and I fear that I have wasted yet another day in court persuing this matter. I have been victim to this man repeatedly and I am concerned that if he is not punished that this will continue. If you could offer me some guidance as to more effective routes I would very much appreciate your efforts. Thank you again for you information. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Attorney_Replogle:
Generally one of the conditions of being on probation is that the defendant violate no laws. One law is to not violate a restraining order such as in this case. Whether the court will remand him to jail or let him stay on probation, I don't know. You should speak with his probation officer or the court about it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A

Attorney_Replogle

You may want to try consulting with a criminal defense attorney to see if your state has any anti-stalker type laws. I think this might apply in your situation. You can find an attorney near you at attorneypages

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">