• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violation of unsupervised probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Karen Merback

What is the name of your state? Wyoming
My brother in law is clearly violating his 3 yr unsupervised probation when he drinks alcohol everyday to the point he can hardly sit in a chair. He lives with his ill mother claiming he is her caregiver and power of attorney. He does not work outside this so called commitment. He is verbally abusive to his mother and anyone that is in his presence from 6pm to 10pm as he falls into bed by 10pm. It seems odd that he has only had one visitation with his probation officer since November of last year. He is around pot too as his sister who also lives there with her husband and supposedly is helping with the caregiving of their mother. When my husband arrived yesterday to dispense his mother's medication for the week (he is a pharmacist) his sister was smoking pot and she had stolen all the pain medications from their mother. His sister recently had surgery for skin cancer and has already consumed 50 pain meds in the last 12 days. She has always had an addiction problem with pain meds, but I wasn't aware of the pot smoking issue until my husband share this information with me last night when he got off work. He is very distressed about this situation and knows it needs to be reported.

How do we find out who his brother's probation officer is or do we need to file a document with the courthouse in order to report his violations of his probation?

As for the sister I am not sure if we just report it to the police or is there something else we can do?

HELP we are in great need of your advice as the situation is becoming a time bomb waiting to go KABOOM

BlondiePB

Karen Merback said:
My brother in law is clearly violating his 3 yr unsupervised probation when he drinks alcohol everyday to the point he can hardly sit in a chair. He lives with his ill mother claiming he is her caregiver and power of attorney. He does not work outside this so called commitment. He is verbally abusive to his mother and anyone that is in his presence from 6pm to 10pm as he falls into bed by 10pm. It seems odd that he has only had one visitation with his probation officer since November of last year. He is around pot too as his sister who also lives there with her husband and supposedly is helping with the caregiving of their mother. When my husband arrived yesterday to dispense his mother's medication for the week (he is a pharmacist) his sister was smoking pot and she had stolen all the pain medications from their mother. His sister recently had surgery for skin cancer and has already consumed 50 pain meds in the last 12 days. She has always had an addiction problem with pain meds, but I wasn't aware of the pot smoking issue until my husband share this information with me last night when he got off work. He is very distressed about this situation and knows it needs to be reported.

How do we find out who his brother's probation officer is or do we need to file a document with the courthouse in order to report his violations of his probation?

As for the sister I am not sure if we just report it to the police or is there something else we can do?

HELP we are in great need of your advice as the situation is becoming a time bomb waiting to go KABOOM
Karen, as I stated in one of your other threads, immediately have your husband file/petition for guardianship/conservatorship over his mother IMMEDIATELY. Once your husband has the court order, he can remove his brother and sister from the mother's home. That is what is MOST important here.

kmodek

Good luck trying anyway..............

MISSOURI

Hi. Well, my ex has been on parole & probation on a consistent basis for years and he still drinks & drives (has no license for 10 years), and smokes pot daily.
I actually spoke with his parole officer and told her what he's doing (I was there and saw it myself!) and she did nothing about it, not even a drug test, so he got off parole even though he violated it consistenly.
He's currently on probation for criminal non-support (2 years), which will end the 21st of this month. I finally got them to take him to court to revoke his probation and all they did was kept continuing the hearing and his most recent court date was this past Monday 11th, and I checked online and it says they 'withdrew the motion to revoke probation', since he made 3 payments while they were taking him to court!
So, now he's off the hook again and I have to start the process all over again. This is the 2nd time in 3 years he's been in court for non-support, but they won't do anything about it, and probation is a joke. He violated it every month and no one will do anything and the pros. atty. won't even answer my calls and child support enforcement just keeps telling me to call the pros. atty.
Now, I'm trying to find out what is 'officially' considered violating probation, since it seems like they can do anything and no one will punish them for it.
I'm not trying to be the 'bitter ex', but I'm on disability and we get $923/mo., so I NEED help supporting our daughter. Right now, my bank account is in the negative and the month isn't even 1/2 over yet!
So, as I said, you can report to the P.O.'s all you can find out, but it's a VERY slim to none chance that they will even look into the matter and actually revoke his probation.
Good luck, it's VERY frustrating!

BlondiePB

Karen,
Someone, who obviously doesn't know all of what you're dealing with, brought up this thread. Never mind about the probation officer. How's things going with the petitions for guardianship?

Turtle1

Karen Merback said:

In all seriousness, I think everyone should start considering a rehab center to save their lives.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">