• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violently knocked over in airport and broke knee, airport will not release the video citing privacy reasons DSAR

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please kindly help!

This horrible injury occurred as I was exiting an elevator in terminal 2 on July 7th, 2021 approximately between the hours of 4:30 pm and 4:50 pm at Heathrow airport in the UK. An airline employee violently shoved me over because they were in a hurry. The person said they were sorry after knocking me to the ground but then they ran off before I could get their name. MRI shows a bad fracture in my knee. The bills are piling up.

The airport has a video that shows who did it. But they will not release fully citing DSAR privacy rules. Is knocking me over a crimmial act? an Assault?
If so should privacy rules be ignored. Also, I believe everyone who enters an airport automatically consents to be filmed. Is this true in the UK?

What can I say to airport security to get them to release the video?

Have a great rest of your day!

Thank you.

adjusterjack

What can I say to airport security to get them to release the video?
There's nothing you can SAY that will get them to release the video. They can release it when they get served with a subpoena. But to do that you would generally have to file a lawsuit against the employee and his airline before you can file the subpoena as part of the lawsuit.

Get yourself to whatever serves as a personal injury attorney in the UK. Otherwise you go nowhere with this.

Have you even contacted the airline that this person works for?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
This site cannot provide referrals even in the US, let alone in other countries.

Possibly. A complaint is a good first step.
Thanks, we did file a complaint with the airport but they will not give us the video that shows who did it or what airline the person who knocked me overworked for. Thank you again for your help. I live in the USA. I was just visiting the UK on a medical mission -Andrea.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thanks, we did file a complaint with the airport but they will not give us the video that shows who did it or what airline the person who knocked me overworked for. Thank you again for your help. I live in the USA. I was just visiting the UK on a medical mission -Andrea.
How do you know that this "employee" was even on the job?

quincy

The video will need to be subpoenaed. You will want an attorney to assist you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">