• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Virginia Lawyers?????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I got a question...must I require a lawyer if I want more visitation with my 2 yr old son? Since a judge is gonna decide custody visitation etc...what do I need a lawyer for? I'm just curious is there a way to petition the court without having an expensive lawyer?


Senior Member

i take it that you want to represent yourself? check out the above link and their link page. also, run a search for 'Pro Se' on any search engine. that will give you several links to try out. there are tons of sites for pro se representation, including sites for help with interrogatories and forms. the form site cost like $30 or around that area - but they have sample forms for everything.

you might try calling your local court house and ask if they have prose packets or if they have legal aide available to assist.

another shot - try using a paralegal service in your area. they prepare all of the forms that you will need. you then take them to their court house, pay the filing fee and handle the case yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential