• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Virginia New Car Lease Purchase, Refund, Trade In, Registration Drama

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Yusufov

Hi, I leased a 2019 M6 BMW from BMW in Virginia on June 28th of 2019. I still haven’t received my registration or lease contract from my initial lease. I was communicating with the car dealership via email where we came to a mutual agreement that I would trade in my current BMW M5 lease in exchange for a 2019 M6 and and I would drive to BMW in Virginia, trade in the BMW M5 that I was currently leasing in exchange for the M6. Instead of BMW sending a tow truck to pick up my current M5 and transporting it to Virginia then sending another tow truck to transport the M6 to New York. The towing fees came to be $1200 and was rolled into my Lease. The BMW employee that I was communicating with ascertained that I would be refunded the $1,200 for personally transporting the cars myself which was a mutual agreement.

When we agreed upon purchase of my M5 we agreed that June Payoff will be paid on my car. Before my deal was finalized I had to make another payment because it was due. I told the Dealership manager he advised that they would still payoff the car as agreed and my account will be overpaid and BMW Financial will refund me the remaining balance. On July 15th 2019 they bought my car with the July Payoff amount $1140 cheaper then agreed upon.

My Vehicle has been unregistered since September 1st and the Virginia dealership is telling me they can’t issue a third temporary plate. This was a personal deal, and I have all my email exchanges with the sales manager confirming where mistakes were made and what I was owed except for registering my car. When I contacted BMW Financial I was told the dealer never sent the title for car. My NY State Taxes and Registration was rolled into my lease. The two sales manager that sold me the car no longer work for the dealership.

My question is what can be done?

Should my lease contract be unwinded and resigned with correct numbers so there would be no need for any type of refunds?

Who is legally responsible for registration on Lease car Purchase?

Is my car Legally insured?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">