• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Virginia- Squatter's Rights applicable?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DarkSoul

Wow I just spent 30 minutes typing to no avail. I'll try again and make it shorter.

My wife and her late husband placed a mobile home onto my wife grandparents land free of charge with permission in 1990.

There are tons of arguments within the family now we are trying to move into a mobile home that has been paid for since 1990 that is in our name. But not on our land. Seventeen years later, Why can I not move back into my mobile home?

There were never ANY agreements writ or verbal signed or stated back in `90 when the mobile home was setup. What's keeping me out of my trailer. I don't want to have to do the few small repairs, most of which I've all ready completed within the last 10-12 days.

Before I started the repairs, we again, asked permission. And at the time it was granted. Today that was resented. But in all honestly. What is keeping me from moving in. The only reason stated was the landowner didn't want anyone there.

Now on a second feature. Last year or the year before, the last time we were getting ready to move into our OWNED mobile home, My wifes brother took us to court to move it because he thought it was on his land. We after an hour or two in the clerks office, lets just say he didn't get the mobile home moved. Wasn't his land. Landowner hasn't taken us to court to move the mobile home yet. And probably won't unless now she has a change of heart to suit her grandson.

Can I move in and not be forced to move the mobile or myself, Since like I said it was placed 17 years ago, with no agreements.

Ozark_Sophist

No squatters rights. No adverse possession. Move the mobile home to a lot you rent or own. If you move in, you could be cited for trespassing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">