• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

visa student

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? california
i came in this country with a f-1 visa almost three years ago.I attended school until last december.I quit school for eight months because i was a little stressed.Now i m really scared cause they told me that i m out of status,i want to enroll in the fall quarter again and possible reapply for a visa again but i m very worry if they will accept my request.Can you please tell me what i should do and if there is any chance they will accept.Thank you.



dear mamma,
maybe we should write to each other. i may be in the same position soon. right now i'm having my summer break. but i've to go back to college in fall which is just a week ago. i haven't asked my college because i feel kind of embarassed. you see, i'm 19 weeks pregnant and my parents don't know. my boyfriend died in an accident three months ago. and i know if i go back to my country to have this baby, i'll be kicked out by my whole community. also, i don't kow if i can handle the 18 hour flight. but i do want to keep this baby. it doesn't matter to me where i have it. but hte only two places i know are my country and the states. and i know if i go back to my country, my baby will be ostracised. there is no place for us there. i'm so worried because i don't think i can go back to college for this semester. i've been having a lot of complications but i do wnat to give my baby a chance. please email me at [email protected]


I am also an international student. A counselor at my college have told me that if you have a medical issue and a document that proves your situation, they could do something to change your status. They also said that the medical reason should not be necessarily described in the document. Your doctor can simply write that you were not in the good condition to attend the school at that point of time. Either depression or pregnancy, you should go to your school and ask what they can do for you immediately. Otherwise you will be not only out of status, but also OUT OF THE COUNTRY!! Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential