• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation Court date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

frankg86

What is the name of your state? S. Carolina
Just got court visitation date yesterday in mail for date in 2 weeks. Do i still need to inform the exgirlfriend or do they inform her. Info on situation is that exgirlfriend isnt speaking to me since July-03, except for a few minutes Christmas day, but still dont know the reason behind it. Have been able to see daughter not too regularly on every other saturday from 9am - noon. Christmas Day she said 8am - noon every other saturday. Daughter 2 years old 7 lives with exgirlfriend. No previous court set visitation. What can i hopefully expect to ask for in the court date? Not asking to take daughter away, just want more vistation and to be more a part of her life. Would love any advice.
thanks, frank

ellencee

Much will depend on what kind of living arrangements you have, what kind of transportation you have, how far you live from your daughter, and the relationship that you have with your daughter at this point.

SC, like some other states, is hesitant to give overnight visitation until the child reaches an age of about 5 years. If you live with your parents, chances of gaining overnight visitation may be better than if you live alone.

You should go to court prepared to show that you have a proper carseat and the ability to care for your daughter while she is with you.

Be very polite and don't argue with anyone. Keep the focus on your daughter and not on your ex-girlfriend. Ask the court to give you the opportunity to be with your daughter as much as is possible and for the opportunity to be a part of her life and activities from this point forward.

Best wishes,
EC

F

frankg86

Thank you for advice. Really helpful. Will wish for the best.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">