• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? MO Non married parents. She allows father to see child almost daily at her home, as long as he does everything she says. Now she has boy firend and says he can't see the baby anymore for a while. The father supplies insurance and support in an agreement he sat up. She also only allows him to collect the child from daycare and has told him if he takes the child anywhere except to her home she will have him arrested. My questions are.......1. Does she have something called 'Implied Custody? 2. Does he need a lawyer to get visitation on a schedule? 3. And if he takes the child anywhere except to her home can she really have him arrested?


You need to consult with a lawyer. It depends on how your state views custody of non married parents. If she does indeed have implied custody then she can have him arrested for kidnapping if he takes the child anywhere other than where she says.

However there is a solution here. He needs to petition the court to legally recognized as the father. The support will then be set up through the court and further custody and visitation will be ordered. He should go for joint everything in my opinion.

He still needs to consult with a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential