• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation denied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aloha74

I'm I breaking the law?

What is the name of your state? hawaii

My ex-husband and I have joined custody, but I have sole and physical custody of our two children. Since last year July my ex- husband be homeless living out of his truck with his current girlfriend and her children. My ex-husband's visitation is every other weekend, but I stopped sleep over visitation due to the fact that he is homeless, and refuse to notify me of any changes which is stated in our divorce that he keeps me inform whenever any information changes. I don't really understand the part of having sole and physical custody. Does it allow me to do what I'm doing. Or I'm I breaking the law. I do allow him to spend time with the children, but I have to bring the children, and they are not allowed to ride in his vechicle because of no insurance or registation. I feel like filing for full custody of my children. Is it worth it?

Last edited:

VeronicaGia

If he has a court order giving him visitation, he can file a contempt action against you and likely win, since you are denying visitation. Too many of those can lead to you losing custody.

Do you think court orders are there just in case you feel like following them?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">