• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation Driving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

FJ1200guy

Okay, I can nevermind easily. Too bad you can't "nevermind" defending a rude, right-wing, know-it-all.

It's funny how certain people want to defend the rudeness... UNTIL it's directed at them. Watch what happens when I'm rude to Stealth, or Hex, or Mr. Bill... OH no, THEN there's hell to pay! They don't want to hear anyone dis-agree with them, but jump RIGHT on some poor person who is just trying to ask a simple question and had no clue what was coming.

"Nevermind" THAT! :D

tigger22472

WyattJ said:
Why not just start warning people what their in for before the Seniors get them....lol
There actually did used to be a few threads .. I started one that was to 'new posters.' WyattJ. You will see after being here a while how frustrating it becomes. This world is full of closed minded and selfish people and it seems they come here in groups. These people either A ... only have a problem because THEY are creating it or B... don't actually want to fix the problem unless they can have it THEIR way 100% regardless of the law. You will see how we, that have been here a while, can predict what the OP will say when they come back after we know they got advice they didn't want.

I'll give you an example of one of the most common and it happens to be a pet peeve one of mine.

Q: My child is 6 months old and her father has only seen her MAYBE 6 times in that time period. Now he is wanting overnight vistits. How can I get his rights terminated so he can't take my child outside my house?

A: You can't. Each state has guidelines to follow for TPR and most of which are 1 year no contact, no support.
(now, mind you this is also where emotion comes into play because we have an OP who doesn't want to foster a two parent household. So they are probably told something along the lines of how they as a parent need to grow up and learn, hey, for the next 18 years this is my kids dad and I should do all that it takes. And make them realize that it has ONLY been 6 months and the dad IS having contact)

The OP will then come back and say how this father is a drug dealer and how he beat the crap out of her when she was pregnant.. ETC.
Now if this was reverlant they would of stated so. NOw, they are coming back and changing things because the answer they got wasn't one they liked. WyattJ... it happens more often then you know.

This is a legal site basically mostly run by consumers that tell things based on their own experiences and what the law states. We don't make the laws and hell half the time we don't like them especially when we're dealing with family law. We just have to abide by them.

F

FJ1200guy

Well, you know, I've seen the posts you talk about too, Tig. Usually it goes more like:

"Q: My child is 6 months old and her father has only seen her MAYBE 6 times in that time period. Now he is wanting overnight vistits. How can I get his rights terminated so he can't take my child outside my house?"

A: You can't. Each state has guidelines to follow for TPR and most of which are 1 year no contact, no support. What's wrong with you? Don't you know the father has rights too, if you wouldn't have laid down with this guy you fool, you are a loser trailer trash and if you don't give me more info, screw you because I am so frikkin' smart I don't have anything bettertodothantoputyoudownblahblahblah!

And THEN the poster gets defensive. I don't think they come back to change it, they come back to elaborate so that instead of getting judged blindly, they may get a little understanding. Of course WE all know that there are 2 sides, and both tend to blow things up some... and we know this because we all, even Hex, even Bill, even me, and even Stealth, have done it. Anyone that says they haven't is a liar, or just doesn't understand how emotion works. So WE know their story is biased, but does it hurt to be polite? Forget polite, do we have to make the posters feel worse than they already do?

Nah. I don't think so. :D

tigger22472

I agree with you FJ(oh man are we having another debate like on the other board?? :) ) and this is why I tend to take breaks from this site from time to time in which I simply disappear for a while. HOWEVER, it says at the top of the screen to search the topics and some of these are beat into the ground!! Everyone seems to think they are UNIQUE and they aren't. Just about everyone of of these issue I'd say AT LEAST 5-10 people here have gone through but the high and mighty get ticked off when they don't hear what they want. The best posts are the ones that this happens but instead of getting defensive the OP comes back and says "hey, you know what? Ya'll are right... I have been trying to keep dad out of the picture" or "yeah... I am bothering with this too much that it's affecting my judgement"... Those are the ones you know you've helped.

F

FJ1200guy

Well.. I think YOU are unique... and I don't WANT you to disappear. :(

F

FJ1200guy

Hey I can kiss ass if I really want to, ya know. ;) Not as good as some of the folks I work with, but practice makes perfect, eh? LOL I have to go home to bed, though... have a great day!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">