• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation in Indiana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I am a resident of Indiana and have 1 year old twins. My husband left when the twins were 2 months old. We have been through the divorce and he has been doing visitaiton in the home twice a week (2 hours each time) he doesnt do alot with the twins when he is here and his family has not seen them for 2 months now. He currently does not have his own home, he lives with his girlfriend who just had a baby 2 months ago. Soon he will be able to visit with the twins at his mothers house on Saturdays for 8 hours. In our agreement he has to be present during the 8 hours and has to keep them at his mothers house. My question is can I stop this? His family has not seen the children for 2 months and I know that the house is not set up for the babies (no baby beds high chairs ect)? He currently has custody of his 15 year old son and 12 year old daughter whom lives with him at his girlfriends - he spends no time with the daughter and the 15 year old is out til all times in the night. Needless to say he is not being a responsible parent with the 2 he has, why should I believe that he will with the twins.
Thank You



If he's making an effort to spend time w/them and be their dad even a little, that's what counts in the court's eyes.

Let him see the kids. They'll be better off with both their mom and their dad in their lives.

Unless you think they're in danger or will genuinely be harmed, your complaints will fall on deaf ears in court. You'll come off as whiny and a control freak.


Grandma B

Well said.

Of course you can't stop the court's order. Your opinion that a person won't provide a safe, responsible place for visitation of your child(ren) needed to be considered prior to having a child with them. He is the father, and as such, he has a right (and a court order) to see them.

I do understand your concern for your children, but you'll just have to grin and bear it. Unless he does something really bad, you're going to have this situation for many years. Try to make the best of a bad situation and please don't let your feelings and thoughts be communicated to the children. They need the relationship with their dad.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential