• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation is not used by ex-wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? New York
My ex-wife keeps taking me to court. She never sees or talks to the kids. NOW I have to go to court again. She stated in court records that I deny her access to the kids. That I also never let her talk to them on the phone. None of this is true. The kids are 11 and 13 , and don,t want to deal with there Bi-Polar Mom anymore. She has not called to speak with the kids in over in over 5 months. Last time in court, was 5/25/05, and Judge told her to visit the kids as often as she wanted. I agreed to this also. I need help. Can I call the court about being taken in again ? Or do I just show up again. Third time in 12 months? Ran out of money for lawyers along time ago.


Senior Member
Show up . If you can't afford an Attorney and you think you qualify , ask that an Attorney be appointed . There are also Law Firms that charge on a sliding scale Basis .

If all else fails just stand up and State what you have here , and that you Have NOT denied visits . Ask the Court to take Judicial Notice of the Records and that reflect Her mental illness .

What were the Court Ordered Visits exactly ?
Last edited:


Junior Member
My ex-wife keeps taking me to court.

She has access every wednesday from, 5pm to 8:30pm. Also every other weekend form Fri 4:30PM to Sun 5PM. She also gets 3 uninterrupted weeks in summer.


Senior Member
You should answer ( file an Affidavit with the Court ) , stating these Petitions are Frivolous . I have NOT denied Court Ordered Visits . Have the Affidavit , notarized and file it with the Clerk .

You can type one up yourself ( kinda use a form you have as a guide ) . Parties _ V _ index No the State , county Court Heading and off to the Right of the Parties Names write petitioners/respondents ( which ever you are )Affidavit .

Ask the Court to impose sanction(s) as the Court Deems fit .

At the Least ask the Judge to admonish her .

If the Children are telling her they don't want to visit , and she doesn't utilize the Visits , that's NOT your fault .

If she wants to , You must send them .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential