• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation Order being violated...Mother of my child moved out of state unlawfully

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Michigan
I (non-custodial parent) contacted the court about my childs whereabouts. I was suddenly unable to locate my child. Friend of the Court informed me that my childs mother (custodial parent) moved to Louisianna. No permission from me or the court was ever granted or even been asked for . We had no idea she had moved. Anyway, she's there now with our child and meanwhile my visitation order is being violated..so I "took her to court for contempt". The court sent her a letter and I was present and she never showed. Instead she phoned the judge an hour after court time was scheduled and we had court via speakerphone. Eventhough the we (court, her and I ) agreed that she would now have to make arrangements every other weekend for my child to be able to visit me...I don't think that is good or fair enough. Do I have any other options? Is there any action I can take against her? Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated..The court decided this in mid July and I still haven't been able to see my child..What if she doesn't hold up her end of the bargain? The court said then, she would definitely be held in contempt for failure to follow a court order...but what if the same thing happens...What/ Where are my rights as a father?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential