• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



When a person pays for Child support in Hawaii does he or she automatically get visitation rights?

second how does he get assistance talking with the ex-spouse. if he or she does not want actual contact for fear of getting into and arugment?
Keep in mind this person does not have alot of money for legal advise.


Senior Member
child support and visitation are two seperate issues. although you can address them at the same time, if that is how you petition the court.

they have a child together, there is really no way to go around not dealing with the ex. there is too much routine information that has to be discussed between the parents. how they are, things that happen, emergencies, etc.

minor things could be addressed through mail, i guess, but they had a kid together and until the kid turns 18 years of age, they are going to have to learn to deal with each other.

tell your friend to just remain calm when dealing with the ex and when things escalate to an arguement to just walk away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential