• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? MN

Denied visitation by the mother has been consistant for the past five years in this situation. The father originally had just joint legal custody. Due to the denied visitation, the father was awarded joint physical and legal custody. The same problems still continue: will not give school location, medical information, home address. What legal recourse is left now since custody has already been changed and thousands of dollars spent?


my only response is...

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Back to Court We Go...

Nothing else to do but drag it back to court. Never know, might end up with sole custody...Good luck.


Senior Member
I take it even with joint PHYSICAL you do the drop offs in a nuetral location? How old are these kids? do they know where they live?

document document document

You go back to court for contempt after some time documenting these facts.

BUT if you know what TOWN the child lives in there is nothing stopping you from calling the schools in town, and then getting all the info youself. Technically speaking with joint legal custody that is the NCP's responsibilty and not the CP's.

do you have ins. cards for these kids? call the ins company fo rthier records.

If you go for contempt, you can request that all the fees be paid by her, for needlessly making you take her to court.


Junior Member
We live in MN. She has moved the children to AZ. The children are 4 and 6.

We know what city she is living in now, but she seems to move every 3-4 months. His son is now entering 1st grade and has changed schools 4 times. In the past, when given the school location, my fiance still cannot get any information because she does not list him as the father or an emergency contact. He is being told by school officials that he needs to prove who he is. We even had to fax one school a copy of the decree and they responded with "get a subpeona for this information."

We are supposed to be doing the drop offs at the airports, but since she always has an excuse to not come, this never happens.

She has already been held in contempt and ordered to pay a $500 fine. She has also been ordered to pay all of our lawyer fees. She has a long history of not paying anything and the court knows this. This is one reason she keeps moving from state to state.

Even now with joint custody, we feel powerless in this situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential