• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JTTickets

What is the name of your state? Kansas

The paternal mother of our child is not sticking to the visitation schedule set up by the court. After all the other court costs, and etc, I don't have the funds to have a lawyer file appropriate documents to bring her back to court.

What are my options? Can I file Contempt of Court charges against her for not following the court order?

Thanks for any help

JT

L

Leona Dennis

i know in the state of virginia all you have to do is file a show cause and state your reason. when you go to court the judge will ask your side and her side, you don't need a lawyer to do that. i've gone to court plenty of times on my own and have gotten through the system just fine.

J

JTTickets

Thanks Leona,

I'll go up to Court tomorrow, and find out what I can do. I'm not sure who I should talk with, but I guess a court clerk? Or should I talk with the someone like a District Attouney or Prosecuting Attourney?

Thanks again for the help.

JT

L

Leona Dennis

i know here they have a clerks office in the juvenile courts that you file the paperwork with a clerk. no need to talk to a district attorney or anything. i don't know about where you live though. good luck though

D

dad of 4

Yes you can file for Contempt of Court, as well as Frustration of visitation.

You can fill out and file the papers by yourself. You can acquire the court forms from a public library in the Business section. Make sure you fill out the form with everything that you want to cover during your court hearing or else the judge will not even listen to it. You should have the papers delivered to your ex by the sherriff. That way she can't say she didn't get served.

Make sure you have documentation proving your side, the more the better.

In some states the 4D program through the Prosecuting Attourney's Office will go to court with either parent, BUT they are there to make sure that the child(ren)'s best interest is taken into account.

Also make sure that you keep current on the child support or else the courts will not look favorable on you. Not even if you are having trouble with getting visitation.

Good Luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">