• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fryziuk

She stated earlier he had a history of violence and she was concerned for her child.

WyattJ

Steath do you really read the posts or scan through it because I did see where she was talking about a history or violence but yeah she did not detail that either.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Thing is - lots of people say lots of things during divorce/cistody issues. She was also asked whether it was violence towards the child - and she never replied. Until it's proven to be a danger to THE CHILD, it's a moot point. Getting into a barroom brawl is violent behavior - that has nothing to do with the child. Being physical with a spouse is a problem unto itself, but legally has nothing to do with the child. Right or wrong - that's how the law works until it gets changed.

F

fryziuk

Ok so how do you change the law so children are protected. I want to make sure that children are protected!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Yes, Wyatt, I do actually read the posts. And I even remember them, and the responses (or lack thereof).

fryziuk - to change laws you have to go through the legislature. Basically get enough people (in your state) interested and push it through.

F

fryziuk

Ok stealth, how do you do that. Just come up with an idea, get signatures, harass congressmen? Then what? Who really listens? Who really allows the change to happen, and can one person change it?

M

mamaj

The Bottom line is the welfare of the child and their safety;;;''''
and you must obey the court order not do what you feel like doing, court order says 4p.m. then that is it 4 p.m. not 430p.m. or 417p.m. people have plans and lives to get on with not wait on an unreliable ass to bring back a child he or she is using to get back at someone. I can't be late for work every day I would not have a job''''''' :D A court order is a order , you play you pay.

F

fryziuk

mamaj,
I like you , your funny. I do agree also, maybe for a different reason, but I do agree. I think it is all about control. If he couldnt control her during the marriage, he is now using their child as a pawn to control her now. She can either act like it doenst bother her and see if he stops, or try and call the police every time he does it and get all the written documentation possible, then if it gets worse, and we all know people who you give them an inch and theytake a mile. She can then take all the written doc's to a lawyer...gee fun

M

mamaj

fryziuk

You have a level head and opened mind, I like your ways. mamaj is older and has been through alot with my daughter and her ass so I am living it and still going thru alot we have been paying a lawyer for 8 months and nothing has been resolved yet , they like money to much and my case is different he has a rape past and a drug past , much jail time etc. bad seed. I just blow him off mast of the time.I am still learning and paying so I know first hand about these loosers they give the name dad to . Just plain scum of the earth''''''''''''''''':D :)

J

jez51

fryziuk said:
Ok stealth, how do you do that. Just come up with an idea, get signatures, harass congressmen? Then what? Who really listens? Who really allows the change to happen, and can one person change it?
You start with a particular law that you want to see revised, start a petition with as many signatures as you can get , start talking to your state reps and move up the ladder as far as you can go.
You might even be able to get in when the House Reps are in session to state your request. Please keep in mind, that your request must be reasonable and fair to both sides of the issue.
Also keep in mind, that some issues take years of fighting to win, and then you may never win.
Good Luck

F

fryziuk

Jez51 thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. I dont know much about the law, but I am willing to learn. I need to start with the basics. Would you recommend law school or some other types of courses? Actually I am an RN and was considering going to law school for the medical side of it.

J

jez51

fryziuk said:
Jez51 thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. I dont know much about the law, but I am willing to learn. I need to start with the basics. Would you recommend law school or some other types of courses? Actually I am an RN and was considering going to law school for the medical side of it.
I'm not going to say you need to be a lawyer to know how to lobby, but you do need some knowledge on how to go about it, so yes, it might help to check with your local college.
I have one link that will send you free info.

http://www.independentsector.org/Nonprofit_Information_Center/TenReasonstoLobby.pdf

A

ajchristilaw

There is a court order stated specific times. It does say that I don't have to wait for him longer than 15 minutes. If he is late picking up my daughter then he just doesn't take her. He knows that, he is never late picking her up. Just late dropping her off.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">