• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ajchristilaw

What is the name of your state? OH
My baby's father (NCP) never returns her on time. He is typically 30 minutes late bringing her home. Can I do anything to make sure that he is on time?

F

FJ1200guy

No, there is nothing you can do. I am very, VERY sorry to have to break that to you... especially on Christmas eve when everyone should get good news. :D

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ajchristilaw said:
My baby's father (NCP) never returns her on time. He is typically 30 minutes late bringing her home. Can I do anything to make sure that he is on time?

My response:

I get this mental picture of you, tapping your right shoe, arms folded, and every minute looking at your wristwatch, while you're standing by the front window of your trailer.

Get a life, will you?

IAAL

A

ajchristilaw

OK, I see that I need to elaborate. My baby's father has a long history of violence. I do pace by the window, waiting for her safe return. I said that he is TYPICALLY 30 minutes late. Sometimes, he is hours late. I am very worried for my daughter. You're telling me that I am being petty?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Violence against whom? Unless it is children, it may not make any difference in terms of his visitation.

If he is routinely returning her hours late, that's something you should document and could theoretically take him to court for contempt. A "typical" 30 minutes late, tho - no court is going to do anything about that.

HomeGuru

ajchristilaw said:
**A: start charging him overtime.

tigger22472

Wait.. I think the first question should be what does the court order say NOW? Are there specific times listed? If there aren't times listed then there is NO SET time which means you need to get an order modified and have times set. If you are saying he's late according to times YOU dictate then there is nothing you can do as long as he returns the child other then take it back to court and get times. Otherwise THEN I'd confer with everything stealth said.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tigger22472 said:
Otherwise THEN I'd confer with everything stealth said.

================================

My response:

I think you meant to say "concur".

However, I maintain, and with all due respect and deference to Stealth, that my response was far more interesting and funny.

IAAL

tigger22472

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
tigger22472 said:
Otherwise THEN I'd confer with everything stealth said.

================================

My response:

I think you meant to say "concur".
IAAL
you are definately correct as always, been a long day today and I work this weekend (3rd shift) so I'm tired but if I sleep now I'll never make it the weekend.. so thank you!! And yes your comment was funny, I too can see her tapping her foot but I just felt that we need know if there is a CO stating he's late or she's giving him times on her own and PO'd cuz he's not obeying:D

I

itsallgood

Not to mention the fact that it is RUDE.

Although in the big scheme of things; 30 minutes late is no big deal; it does show a complete and total lack of respect for your time.

I am sure you have plans too; need to be somewhere; and yes; there are times; I imagine; that you are waiting; tapping your foot.

It is a rude; self centered; and disrespectful thing to do repeateadly with NO phone call; BUT unless it is written out on your order; then no; there is nothing you can do.

Just make your plans KNOWING he is going to be late.

If it gets to be an hour.......two hours...... then I would get your papers modified.

Otherwise you will have to live with a NCP that thinks you have nothing better to do but to sit around and wait on them.

And gee; could ya tell.........? I have issues with this very problem.

The worse is a Saturday morning when he is due to pick him up at 11:00. My day is PLANNED; a weekend without the child; and then I am waiting; keys in hand for him to arrive; 30m; 45m; or even an hour late......

I most likely wouldn't have started a thread about it; I've learned to live with it; and plan accordingly; however; my accpetance of it; makes it no less annoying.:mad:

djohnson

Could you ask him to start picking your child up at the appointed time (if there is actually one). That way the time would fall on you to be there on time and if he didn't have her ready your at his home annoying him until she is.

It does seem like a minor problem considering the many more on here. So many that would love to have this as their main grip. That is why it is being made light of. But it seems to me you haven't stated anything you have done to try and fix the problem. You come across as letting us know why he divorced you.

J

jez51

You could ask him how he would feel if you were always late having the baby ready for him to pick up. You may even have to try it a few times for him to get the picture. And, he might just want some extra time with his child, nothing wrong with that, other than he needs to open his mouth and say so.

M

mamaj

If you have a court order saying that the child should be returned at 430p.m. then he should return the child then , that is contempt of court if he does not return the child on time ,,of course it will cost more money too to get the point across to him and the court system today is all about money not caring for the children , money money is the name of the game they play with us not enough caring for the child and the welfare or safety of these children . That is why the kids are all messed up . The Judges better take a good look of the bad things that are being done to the children and not he money aspects. Look what just happened in Florida :: Awful. My point keep these dead beats away from the children , Heck with their rights start taking care of the childrens rights to be safe. POO on these nuts.:rolleyes:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mamaj said:
Heck with their rights start taking care of the childrens rights to be safe. POO on these nuts.

===================================

My response:

Oh, yeah - - that's a real healthy attitude.

The reason why the courts have a difficult time is because they're overcrowded with irresponsible adults having children. The courts can only hold so many cases before they start bursting at the seams.

But, you and people like you think you're the "only one" and that you deserve more, and better, attention than the next unwed mother who needs the court's attention.

Courts cost money. Attorneys cost money. If you don't like what's happening, then keep your legs crossed.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">