• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



My divorce was final in Kansas. My ex-husband and I have joint custody, he has physical custody during the school year. At the time of our divorce we agreed upon specific summer and holiday visitation for me. I moved out of Kansas in 1997 at which time the custody agreement was ammended. Since 1997 I have custody the day after the kids get out of school for the summer until the week before they start. This year my ex wanted to modify the agreement because his recently divorced brother's (who is living with him) son will be visiting the whole month of July. I am currently not represented by a lawyer in the state of Kansas, but I have received a letter from his lawyer threatening to take me to court to modify the order to suit my ex's wishes. My question is, will the judge grant a change in visitation? After all, the visitation has been working well for all parties involved up to this point. I am really fed up with my ex's threats and don't know whether or not I need to get a lawyer in Kansas. Any advice would be appreciated.


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential