• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HRZ

KY changed its laws about July 2018 to create a presumption of joint custody ...all beyond my skills...but may well allow for Dad to held in contempt if he fails to step up to place for his designated portion of custody

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
This is the first time I've ever heard this mentioned. I know that dad can lose his time if he consistently fails to exercise the visitation time that is granted by the courts, but I've always understood visitation to be a right, not an obligation.
If they have joint physical custody then it is NOT visitation. There is a difference.
However, OP hasn't given us any clue as to what the actual timeshare is - they seem to be trying to sort that out...
And that would be helpful depending on whether there was an actual timeshare ordered.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">