• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Valhurry

I’m from California and my husbands court order says every Saturday he picks up his daughter sat 9 am every other weekend and that the receiving party has to take her home.....

So who would be the receiving party at that point us or his ex ?

We’re recieving party on sat and they would be recieving sun right?
Meaning we pick up and Sunday they pick her up to take her home right? That’s what me and my husband got out of it and it hasn’t been unforced because she’s a big ass complainer and she’s lazy and feels like dad needs to do all the work because here not together. So today is Sunday and we are enforcing it we’re tired of always putting in the work for visits and co parenting so since we feel really sure we’re making her come to us.....

But are we right?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I’m from California and my husbands court order says every Saturday he picks up his daughter sat 9 am every other weekend and that the receiving party has to take her home.....

Meaning we pick up and Sunday they pick her up to take her home right? That’s what me and my husband got out of it and it hasn’t been unforced because she’s a big ass complainer and she’s lazy and feels like dad needs to do all the work because here not together. So today is Sunday and we are enforcing it we’re tired of always putting in the work for visits and co parenting so since we feel really sure we’re making her come to us.....

But are we right?
You have no dog in this fight and are out of line.

LdiJ

But are we right?
"We" are not anything. However, dad is likely correct in his interpretation of who the receiving party is, and therefore who is responsible to pick up on Sundays.

You really need to be a little careful in using "we" in regards to your husband's child...and also as to publicly complaining about the child's mother. It tends to hurt rather than help your husband.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Though on the face of it, it does appear Mom should be getting the child on Sunday, what kind of distance are we talking about? If it's considerable, then it would be understandable for Dad to force the issue. If it's not? He needs to decide if it's a hill worth dying on.

t74

He could always view it as more time with his child. I would count the return time as the time they leave dad's home rather than the arrival time at mom's. Mom will likely complain. If dad goes back to court on child support issue, he shouold ask to have it reduced due to the extra costs of taking over mom's responsibility. Mom will probably grip; she can go to court to be told to do her pickup

Valhurry

"We" are not anything. However, dad is likely correct in his interpretation of who the receiving party is, and therefore who is responsible to pick up on Sundays.

You really need to be a little careful in using "we" in regards to your husband's child...and also as to publicly complaining about the child's mother. It tends to hurt rather than help your husband.
It will always be a we thing when I’m involved in her care and we’ll being just need the answer for interpretation is all all other opinions are not needed

Valhurry

You have no dog in this fight and are out of line.
Bet you I do if you don’t have answer to a question you should move along I asked for an answer not an opinion on our situation when you know absolutely nothing about the mother’s role in her daughters life move it along respectfully

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Bet you I do if you don’t have answer to a question you should move along I asked for an answer not an opinion on our situation when you know absolutely nothing about the mother’s role in her daughters life move it along respectfully
No, really, you don't. The child is NOT yours (unless you either donated or received the sperm).

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I am an attorney. YOU are a LEGAL stranger. You have NO standing to pursue anything. Calling the mother a "big ass complainer" and "lazy" is not going to serve you well. If your hubby was that upset, he could have done various things prior to now. But apparently, he is content until you put him in a vice and squeeze to let her do whatever. HE has to man up and grow up. So I was right. You are wrong. And I don't have to move along. This is a public forum.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
It will always be a we thing when I’m involved in her care and we’ll being just need the answer for interpretation is all all other opinions are not needed
No, it is NOT a "we" thing. You are not a parent. The only we is between you and your husband. Not concerning the child. You are completely off base. Your only dispute is with your husband. Not mom and not the child.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Legally, you are not the mother. So, legally, the FACT (not opinion) is, you are not a parent, so: "You have no dog in this fight." That is a fact. Just because you take offense at an answer, does not mean that it's an opinion.

Now, you have asked a legal question and who provides transportation. You were disrespectful of LD, and did not answer stealth's question. So, I will assume that this is not about driving for hours, but rather of convenience.

1) Dad should follow the court order,
2) Dad should inform Mom that he intends to follow the court order, and
3) Dad can then use t74's suggestion.

So, this means that Dad let's Mom know that it is his understanding, based on the court order, that the receiving party provides transportation. Because the receiving party is supposed to provide transportation, Dad then in theory is "waiting" until the end of his court ordered parenting time to transport his child, should Mom be a no show.

Legal advice: Stay home when Dad has a Family Court date. Your contempt for Mom, aka the "big ass lazy complainer", has got to be obvious to all who meet you, and will only hurt Dad.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">