• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mickeymiller

What is the name of your state?Ohio
My son's ex-wife has not let my son see his children since May. they have an agreement that states he has them every other weekend. She seems to do this every year beginning in May - then he takes her to court for contempt and they give her a slap on the hands and he is allowed to see them when she lets him. They have 2 daughters who share a bedroom and a grandson that sleeps in the kitchen on a roll out mattress. I think this is very wrong. the ex lives with her parents. what should he do. he is taking her to court again next Monday. How can he end this routine. He cannot afford a lawyer so he is representing himself.

Just Blue

My son's ex-wife has not let my son see his children since May. they have an agreement that states he has them every other weekend. She seems to do this every year beginning in May - then he takes her to court for contempt and they give her a slap on the hands and he is allowed to see them when she lets him. They have 2 daughters who share a bedroom and a grandson that sleeps in the kitchen on a roll out mattress. I think this is very wrong. the ex lives with her parents. what should he do. he is taking her to court again next Monday. How can he end this routine. He cannot afford a lawyer so he is representing himself.
Please ask your son to join so we may assist him. Thank You...

Pdrahmann

Im taking my exwife to court for contempt. Ive seen them once since May 30th. Her reason is she doesn't want them around my gf.

LdiJ

Which of your statements are you referring to with that statement. The fact that she is not letting him see the children of the fact that one of the children sleeps in the kitchen on a roll out mattress. There are no laws about where child sleep when its your own children in most places...AND most judges think homes with extra adults, particularly grandparents, are extra stable for children.

If its the fact that mom is denying your son visitation, then I doubt anyone would disagree with you on that.

However, I don't see what the attraction would be for her to pull this same stunt every May, so there has to be more to the story, and its probably best if your son is the one who explains that.

Pdrahmann

Which of your statements are you referring to with that statement. The fact that she is not letting him see the children of the fact that one of the children sleeps in the kitchen on a roll out mattress. There are no laws about where child sleep when its your own children in most places...AND most judges think homes with extra adults, particularly grandparents, are extra stable for children.

If its the fact that mom is denying your son visitation, then I doubt anyone would disagree with you on that.

However, I don't see what the attraction would be for her to pull this same stunt every May, so there has to be more to the story, and its probably best if your son is the one who explains that.
So every June i take vacation. She denies around that time every year. Her excuse this time is that she doesn't want them around my gf.

Just Blue

Im taking my exwife to court for contempt. Ive seen them once since May 30th. Her reason is she doesn't want them around my gf.
Thank You for joining...It's always better to have the legal party to advise. Is there a reason that she doesn't want your child around the GF? Does GF have a criminal history? Does the GF behave inappropriately around the child...ie...spank the child? Have the child call her Mom?

LdiJ

So every June i take vacation. She denies around that time every year. Her excuse this time is that she doesn't want them around my gf.
Ok, so she doesn't want them to go on vacation with you and your girlfriend, is that the main problem? You need to be able to articulate the situation or you will have trouble making your point to the judge without an attorney.

Pdrahmann

Thank You for joining...It's always better to have the legal party to advise. Is there a reason that she doesn't want your child around the GF? Does GF have a criminal history? Does the GF behave inappropriately around the child...ie...spank the child? Have the child call her Mom?
Reason is my gf has a crazy ex. He has threatened to contact my children. Which he has never done. He doesn't have access to their phone numbers. My gf is awesome with my kids.

Pdrahmann

Ok, so she doesn't want them to go on vacation with you and your girlfriend, is that the main problem? You need to be able to articulate the situation or you will have trouble making your point to the judge without an attorney.
Main problem is she has let me see them once since May 30th. Vacation was just with me.

LdiJ

Reason is my gf has a crazy ex. He has threatened to contact my children. Which he has never done. He doesn't have access to their phone numbers. My gf is awesome with my kids.
I wouldn't want my children around someone who has a crazy ex either...particularly if that crazy ex has mentioned harassing my children. Its quite possible that a restraining order may be wise.

LdiJ

Main problem is she has let me see them once since May 30th. Vacation was just with me.
You said that you hadn't seen them at all since May 30th. Which is it? You have to be totally honest with the judge. And what do you mean "vacation was just with me"? That seems to imply that the children were with you for vacation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">