• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visiting GP after surgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

I'm unclear why you'd suggest a medical malpractice attorney at this at this stage. If the doctor was recommending removing the foot when it was clearly not necessary under prevailing standards of medical practice that would amount to malpractice. But as the procedure was not done, there seem to be no damages suffered from it. And without damages there is no viable medical malpractice claim and no med-mal attorney would pursue it.
I am not recommending a med-mal attorney at this stage. Please read the whole thread. :)

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
I am not recommending a med-mal attorney at this stage. Please read the whole thread. :)
I did read the whole thread but frankly it was not at all clear why you threw in the recommendation for the med-mal attorney in post #29 if it was not related to the foot treatment recommendation. This may be one of those situations (and I've had them myself) where you think it's clear what you meant but it doesn't come across as clear to others. ;)

commentator

Having heard what they're saying is going on, albeit with some questions, I am not seeing anything that amounts to any sort of malpractice claim whatsoever at this stage. Perhaps a lack of communication or understanding between the surgeon and the patient family, but not "you did this flagrantly wrong!!!" Or sort of a "we're going to force you to talk to us personally." Knew of someone with a lisfranc type injury to foot who over several years ended up losing his leg up to the knee due to infection. No malpractice or poor doctoring involved. This is a serious and complicated injury.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Certainly if the doctor is talking about removing the foot, however, another orthopedic surgeon should be consulted immediately. And a medical-malpractice attorney.
Quincy was addressing the misunderstanding of what "it" meant, in terms of removal. As in - if the talk is of removing the foot. This is not rocket science, gents.

quincy

Here for educational purposes is a link to the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons on Lisfranc injuries and assorted treatments:

https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases--conditions/lisfranc-midfoot-injury/

It sounds as if impatience might be playing at least a small role in the wife’s concerns. Healing from any surgery can be a long process, especially so when it involves a part of the body that moves.

It will be interesting to hear what the nurse practitioner has to say.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">