• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visiting/Moving to Florida With Misdemeanor in Maryland

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Capsgirl1972

If someone was charged with urinating in public and indecent exposure in Maryland and is going to visit Florida for two weeks, do they have to register in Florida (offense was 25 years ago, person was urinating behind a dumpster at night with no one else around)? What if they plan to move? They were told they had to register as a sex offender?? This seems harsh to me.

quincy

If someone was charged with urinating in public and indecent exposure in Maryland and is going to visit Florida for two weeks, do they have to register in Florida (offense was 25 years ago, person was urinating behind a dumpster at night with no one else around)? What if they plan to move? They were told they had to register as a sex offender?? This seems harsh to me.
Who told this person that registration in Florida was required? Is the fellow registered as a sex offender in Maryland?

Capsgirl1972

No! It was a friend who told them. This person has never had any other infractions before or after. They visit Florida frequently and now are afraid to go! I’m trying to quell their fears, they think if they visit the state for more than three days and get pulled over, they can go to prison for five years for not saying something. I feel there are many people on Florida with urinating in public charges from other states!

quincy

When it comes to the law, what friends say is often best ignored, unless the friend is a lawyer.

If the guy did not have to register as a sex offender after urinating in public 25 years ago, he should not have to register as a sex offender in Florida now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">